Friday, April 15, 2011

A Toy's Life

My fellow Blogger buddy, Googum's being doing a Retro Toy Week theme over at his blog Random Happenstance, where he's been showcasing old or retro, toys he has. You can go here http://random-happenstance.blogspot.com/ to see what he's been up to. I highly recommend checking out these little bits of nostalgia.

This made me think about all of the old action figures I used to have back in my younger days; toys I no longer have because I either sold them or lost them. I used to have alot man! For example, I used to have alot of figures from Toy Biz's X-Men line. Remember those? I had just about every Wolverine figure they made, starting with the original brown and orange one that came with a removable plastic mask. Then as the X-Men Fox cartoon took off, so did the number of characters Toy Biz put out. I'm talking about figures you didn't think they'd ever make like: Cosair(Cyclops' dad), Warstar of the Sha'ir Imperial Guard, Wolfsbane, Magik, Strong Guy, X-Cutioner, and so on. Not to mention all of the bases and vehicles I used to have. I had the Danger Room playset, The 70's-80's Batmobile, The Batcave, and even god help me, the TMNT's Flush-o-matic. Remember that contraption? It had three main pieces: The main stand with a giant toilet seat on top, a trap that held the a ninja turtle down, and the ooze that would go through the toilet seat and straight down onto the helpless turtle. Crazy shit man!

Enjoy some of these pics I took. These contain some of the vehicles I somehow managed to keep:









No comments:

Post a Comment