Thursday, January 5, 2012

Stone Cold Chic!



Blake Lively. This girl would look good in a bag. Great short jacket/long sweater look.


One of my very favorite things about Winter is outerwear! Coats and jackets have always been my vice and I probably have too many. When I'm in a coat I don't have to worry about what I have on so much. I live in sweaters and jeans in the colder part of the year.  All you need to do is throw on a great coat, a warm scarf, cute boots and done! No need to need to worry if you're feeling a bit chunky. Who could tell under all the layers? Pass the scones!

Lately here in Northern California, it's been unusually warm and sunny. The Winter sun has been lovely and I have been trying to take walks.  It is still getting chilly when the sun goes down though. I just have to be warm and it's getting worse as I get older. If I have to wear a coat resembling a sleeping bag I will! I see now how all those seniors start heading to Arizona..



Here I am in Carmel having a blast! ;P  Can you tell I don't like being cold?

Me again, a little better. After a holiday carriage ride in our town.  It was cold!

 After a few weeks home with the kids and Christmas vacation, I find myself reaching for the same sweats and jeans day after day. My style quotient is like zero right now and I need to get my fashion mojo back. Does anyone else feel this way? Here's some inspiration to help you out of the cold weather wardrobe blahs.

Loving the peacoat and wish I had those jeans. The Sartorialist.


...and red right now.




Chloe Sevigny. Boots and hat make the outfit.



via Atlantic-Pacific blog. The red hunter boots with the long socks are fun!


In France of course. Adore the scarf and colors with the black. Elle.com


My friend Bonnie.  Love her bright coat, lacy scarf, patterned tights with her boots and aviators! 


Cool color mix.  via Tomboy style blog




Fabulous collar on this.





I have always admired camel coats. Pinterest.



Capes ! Need I say more?


Great layered look. Elle.com




Loving the geometrics and yellow.  Pinterest.com



How cute is she? The colors are inspiring me to do the same.


 Perfect pairing the military coat and aviators. Note the bright pants. Very big now.
My pal Jen. Love her pretty knit cap with the black coat.

The vest and wedge boots are divine!
Rough boots with leggings and big coats looks chic, but warm. Pinterest.



Like the long leather jacket paired with the boots and soft skirt. Elle.com


Michelle, another friend and a mom at our school. I love how stylish she looks in the cap, striped T, wrap shirt and jacket.  Notice she is not wearing sweats for school pick-up ladies!



 Bowler hats are back!
Reese Witherspoon in a classic coat. Pinterest.

Jennifer Anniston working grey and black. Pinterest.



More grey/black together.  Love her shorter boots and tights.  Elle.com



I just like these colors together.



Always like the look of a (FAUX!!)  fur collar. Elle.com


Michelle Williams.  I heart this jacket.



 Matching darks with the light coat. Elle.com



My favorite. Pinterest.



Blanket style coats are hip right now. Elle.com




Toggle coats will always be in style. Yellow is fresh. via Atlantic Pacific blog.



Who doesn't covet a leopard print coat? Pinterest.


Stay cozy!

Kim:)



Photos unless noted, from Harper's Bazaar.com, and Elizabeth Lippmann of New York Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment