Wednesday, September 7, 2011

It's wet, it's wild, it's Liquid Television!?

Bonus Post today:

As I was laying restless in bed last night trying in vain to sleep, my mind kept buzzing with thought after thought.
One of those thoughts included the little-respected gem of a show that was featured on MTV in the mid-90's:

Yes, Liquid Television, the show so weird, ground-breaking, and ahead of its time that even if it came back, it'd still go over current TV viewer's heads. If you still don't remember this show, this might help jog your memory:


I discovered LT around '95, and couldn't believe how weird and wonderful it all was! It's one of many shows around that era/time-frame to scar and corrupt my poor little brain, and cause me to turn out like the well-adjusted adult I am today. Kidding.

Also around this time, MTV's Oddities was on, featuring The Head and Sam Keith's The Maxx from Image Comics.
These were all little various animated shorts that sometime had a theme, but mostly didn't. I've heard the show described as perfect for stoners, and that sounds about right.

Don't forget pople, there's actual dvd sets/volumes of the show still out there, so go get 'em.


I'll leave with some of the more popular shorts so you can get a small taste of the wonderful weirdness that just permated from the show.




Your welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment