Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Bunches of Spring!!




Happy Spring! Can't believe it's the first day already! I don't know why, but it seems each time another Spring comes I am seeing so many buds and blooms that I never did before! I love how each little living thing finds a way to regenerate again. Marvelous and lovely! We have a huge wisteria bordering our garage and it was cut back quite severely in the Fall. I was worried since it looks like a marled and twisted dead wood, but low and behold, a sign of life! A beautiful tiny cone of lavender color was hanging yesterday along with, if you look closely, a ton of little green buds. I am blown away by nature. How amazing she is!

I thought this would also be a fun time to show you a few pictures of one of my favorite places in Los Gatos, Bunches.  In my Spring house style post, I showed a picture of a cute wood box filled with ivy on my mantel from there.  I'm crazy about this flower shop!





The people who work there are so helpful and nice. Bunches always has something unique and different. I recently asked them to make me something for a friend who had surgery and they made such a pretty,  modern bouquet. They use unexpected combinations!




 Bunches has a multitude of beautiful pots and vases. Whenever my home needs something fresh, I can always find a pot to inspire me. Sometimes I like to buy ivys to add to it. Other times I am in the mood for potted flowers. Right now, I really love all the forced branches that they are selling. Those say Spring so well and look fresh in a large vase or bucket!



Bunches holds a special place in my heart. When my youngest son was in preschool, we used to stop and see their duck Pete, after we grabbed pizza from across the street. Petey, is actually a girl and yes, lives in the shop. You can see her sleeping, or in her corner eating. She can talk a lot and is quite cute! On this day we visited, the owner let my son hold her!


  Beautiful pots out for St Patrick's Day and Spring. They totally embrace the seasons and have unique items to help you bring the feeling into your home too.





Baby soft, locally knit scarves that are the most delicious colors for sale.








Some of the larger plants and orchids are in the back. Don't miss the room with house plants too. I love to get my wreaths and garlands here during the holidays. Right now there are a ton of cute ideas for Easter.






Pete in repose.



Don't miss this darling shop next time you are in Los Gatos!


Kim:)






All photos property of Northern California Style unless noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment