Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Inspiration Boards!




Spring is here and I am ready to jump in with both feet! I don't know about you, but with all the new colors in fashion and decorating, I like tearing out my favorite images and pinning them up when the season changes.

I found a small spot to hang my personal mood board above my desk in our spare bedroom. I also make a small one in my closet with fashion inspirations. I love having a place to post images, cards and and other lovely things that bring the feel of a season. For the Pinterest addicts, like myself, it's much the same, only larger and more personal!







A few shots of the large board above my desk. Love the cards from my kids and hubby.





I try to keep postcards of all my travels so I can relive my trips just a little each time I walk by. One of my favorites is the portrait of Raphael from the Uffizi in Florence. I love his face. Painted cards like the half-timbered house from Normandy are fun to keep too. I think it is great add invitations, thank you cards and special notes from the mail. They are all so rare nowadays, I try to save them! 


 Here's a few other cool boards to give you some ideas. Some messy and others are very orderly. All fun to look at I think.


Canadian House and Home



designsponge.com


C magazine


Elle Decor


Pinterest. Original attribution lost.


 Scouts Honor Co. via Poppytalk.blogspot.com




pinterest via delightbydesign.blogspot.com



google.com


Pinterest.


My favorite!  Blogger Slim Paley's summer mood board. slimpaley.com





I adore that Slim Paley's board is loaded with Summer memories. I think I'll collect a more souvenirs from our trips and try to replicate my own version of this beautiful board. I guess this is just another form of collage and I love it! 

What about you? Does this get you in the mood to make your own? 

Kim:)








photos unless noted property of northerncalstyle.com





No comments:

Post a Comment