Monday, March 12, 2012

Spring House Style




I love the way my painted brick looks with this brown and white bird print and wooden box.  We recently painted it and I am really enjoying how much lighter my house feels.







This year's crazy warm weather has got everything blooming in my yard. I'm loving the sun and buds and baby birds chirping every morning. It all makes me in the mood to brighten up the house with some pops of color.


I still am not sure what kind of tree this is, but I love it's white-pink flowers.
My husband hates the mess in the pool.



Here's some bright additions and a peek into a few other parts of my home.

I found this butterfly tray at Pier 1, and added yellow accents to my entry.


Here's my $7 Trader Joe's Christmas topiary in a crackled green-yellow pot. Still doing well and worth every penny!


I found this wooden box and ivy at Bunches, a florist I adore in town who always has something new and fresh.






I reorganized my library shelves by color and it feels new!

One of our older Christmas cards of my sons on the beach, which I framed.


My husband brought this tea pot back from China for me. It's so pretty I put it on my shelves.

More lighter and brighter accents..


The living room mantel with some of my older books with green colors.
A burlap pillow I bought at my favorite store Fiori's before they closed in January. I should change to something lighter than the fur throw, but the cats love it!

Another favorite photo framed.

My grandmother gave me two of these garden stools from her 1960's furnished model home. One is outside, for drinks, by the pool. This one is cheering up a corner in the dining room with some of my favorite books.

I added these two sea life prints on either side of my french doors to brighten up the dining area. It needed some white. I had them in the bath in my last house. Love these and have been waiting to see where they would look best.


My dining runner flipped to black stripe side. My dear friend Jen gave me this darling crown and I added some hydrangeas to my votive holders.





Another picture I love with birds.

A  zebra print pillow that I added to an ottoman in the entry. Great for purses and coats. I stacked these colorful  astronomical prints from my grandma's house above.
My latest find from the DeAnza flea market. I couldn't resist. This sign is perfect for this area!  It points right to the two bear pits we call boy's rooms here!



  Our bedroom. A few months ago I added this Josie Kalamakari yellow & aqua quilt from Pottery Barn and a felt yellow pillow from Nordstrom  Rack. 

I moved this butterfly print in here from the mantel and it picks up the yellow, gold and grey colors in our room.

 My Max framed on a rare weekend together in Sonoma.

Love these bowls from Anthropologie to hold jewelry and baubles.

One of my most favorite things. These are rocks and things that are heart-shaped that my boys have found for me on beach trips and hikes through the years.

My bedside :)

Books I'm trying find time to read!

Another  favorite thing.  A watercolor bought in Paris, on our first family trip that needs reframing.


I removed a top off this blue urn from Homegoods and added hydrangeas from the yard that needed cutting.

 I order this striped rug for $49 from Pottery Barn. I think
stripes look so fresh now. Love this for cold feet in the bathroom floor.

Look what I got at Trader Joes for $4.00!! This is Spring in a pail and it smells divine.



Are you ready for Spring too? Hope this gives you inspiration to change things up a bit!

Kim:)




No comments:

Post a Comment