Friday, April 20, 2012

Ivy Love

I am back from my little getaway and have a few fun things to share with you from Southern Cal. Today I am devoting this entire post to a particular love of mine, The Ivy. If you aren't familiar with The Ivy it's a super fun spot for brunch, lunch or dinner in the middle of Beverly Hills.  This time I was traveling with the family and they had not been before, so we decided to have lunch there on our first day. I wasn't sure how the men would do, but they also loved it.






Can you believe this gorgeous pewter pitcher of roses and mint? It was on our table and ones nearly like it on all the others. Why do I love The Ivy? Let me count the ways. This restaurant is my favorite for so many reasons. One is that they know how to get to a girl's heart. It's pretty. Pretty like in your dream cottage by the sea in England perhaps. The patio is filled with ivy and potted geraniums. The inside is a sweet mix of cozy banquettes propped with floral and checked pillows and white walls filled with Americana and folk art. It's all part of the experience, but my most loved part is the luscious food and drinks served on the sweetest pottery. The drinks come with lots of mint and fruit and tea has a slice of sugar cane. All the things that make it seem so decadent, are simple flourishes that together make The Ivy a dream. It's a treat to have lunch at the Ivy and so nice for a special occasion. Oh and celebrities like it too.



Damn, I did not fulfill my dream of running into George Clooney this time. I have however seen Meg Ryan,  Val Kilmer, and Pamela Anderson there in past visits! Guess George was in Italy that day. I did have my own cute men with me though.

My son Griffin and I at lunch.


My son Jackson trying the sugar cane out.

From inside where I was secretly checking out the crowd. Was thinking of taking a picture inside the powder room. Would that be bad? I forgot my iPhone - probably a good thing.

 




The Ivy is famous for their large salads, but they have plenty of other choices including pizzas.  I  forgot what kind of salad this was, but I did have Pimm's cup, something I partake of whenever it is offered! 








Love the dishes.  Cappuccinos come in huge cups with this pattern.



The dishes and lots of other darling decor items can be had next door at Indigo Seas, which is part of The Ivy. This is the front of the store, but sadly they were closed the day I was there.
 



 I am off now to fertilize all my home geraniums vigorously.



The cute postcards you can take home with you to remember. 
- Forgot to mention the lovely waiters who are so kind wear pink shirts and ties with roses! They also have an Ivy in Santa Monica called The Ivy at the Shore.


Me, here, now!   Their floral and check pillows are so in right now.  via The Ivy





What's not to love? Only wish it was closer!






All other photos Northern Cal Style, unless noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment