Friday, April 13, 2012

Weekend Getaway..

Our boys are finally off for Spring Break and we are headed down to the Santa Monica area today for a few days of goofing off. One of the things on our list is a tour of the Warner Brother's Studios. My kids are huge fans of The Big Bang Theory and they film it there. I think they are hoping to see a star, maybe? Also they have never done the whole Hollywood thing so we are going to check out Graumann's, see a movie down there and maybe grab a map of the star's homes. All the cliche things.

On my list is to relax and hopefully shop and I would love to get to The Ivy for lunch, The Getty museum and hopefully hit Newport Beach too if we get that far. The weather had been a bit rainy and sunny, so I wasn't sure what to pack. We are really in full Spring now, so I wanted to pack some new and bright things. Here's a few things I'll bring.


My new Tom's in chambray. Love the suede back.

A few scarves from H&M for the Spring /Summer.  



Love these Tom's with cuffed jeans- maybe a white button down and my chambray color scarf above.

Love these bangles I picked up for like nothing to go with my nicer bracelets. A bit of color blocking. Forever 21. About $4 for the whole lot!


Bringing this poppy t-shirt to wear with my mixed blue scarf from Italy.

Love these earrings that I grabbed at Forever 21.  Very cute with all the brights now.
 


My favorite J Crew jersey scarf from my pal Kim.




Two things I will add to this mix will be white jeans, bright blue jeans and a few chunky sweaters. Also my aviators, wayfarers and brown hobo style Kate Spade bag I've had for years and still looks great.

What do you pack on small trips?

Kim:)

No comments:

Post a Comment