Thursday, May 17, 2012

Good Stuff!

Hi sweet friends. A quick Friday post for you. I am sure you are all crazy busy as I am this week. It seems like May is completely insane! School days are almost over and the remaining weeks are filled with half days and parents nights and so many year-end special events! I am totally bonkers right now, but wanted to get a small post out before the weekend.

Just wanted to share some super cute bling I scored at Francesca's. This is a chain that has been around a while and we just got one last year in our town. When I was looking for accessories for my outfit last weekend, I popped by and found so many cute items in the jewelry area.

I got this set of bamboo bangles for $19.00 and I thought they were perfect for summer. They also come in silver tones. Are they not just right for a night out and a sleeveless shift? I also am crazy for anything bamboo looking.





Also grabbed these two pairs of earrings. They had a buy one, get another half off. Total cost for both $16.00! I know. I loved the aqua stones on these drops for evenings and the gold discs will go with so much and aren't too large for daytime.

I have to say I was contemplating some very similar, but not as nice earrings for a LOT more, from another store who shall remain nameless. At these prices, run do not walk friends!! It takes just a few cute things like this to make your summer things from last year feel fresh. The quality of these pieces is quite nice. I'm not a snob when it comes to jewelry. I have some real and expensive pieces that I adore, but I like mixing it all up with costume. I think it's fun and you can add some trendy pieces to your classics.





And now that Mom's Day has passed, and with Father's Day just around the corner, I had to share a really cool gift idea. My husband ordered me a custom made chocolate bar for Mother's Day on line. It's really the cutest site and it's called Chocomize. You can create any kind of bar you wish and it even has your name on the description. 



My, "kimi, " bar was dark chocolate with macadamia nuts, lavender and hearts. Of course my own bar would have be nutty. :P




It's a unique and fun gift idea for a graduate, Father's Day or maybe a special teacher.

I had to add this last photo. My younger son Griffin and our cute neighbor Abby dressed up for Hawaiian day. Love how they matched! Tomorrow it's school picnic and jog-a-thon, then cub scouts year end picnic BBQ for dinner, and next week on to gold rush days, then 8th grade graduation stuff starts. Tonight was open house at school. Sigh..






Off to have some chardonnay my dears.
Hope you all have a lovely weekend!


xo
Kim



No comments:

Post a Comment