Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day, A Wedding and Fun



"Fun is definitely not over-rated."

I love this quote from Meryl Streep in one of my all time favorite movies, It's Complicated.  As I grow older I realize how true this really is. Hope you had a good weekend and if you are a mom, a great Mother's Day. This post is a smattering of pictures, some lousy, some funny from the wedding I was posting about. It is a tribute to fun and life. 

Sweet Jill in her gorgeous gown. The ceremony was  outdoors in a lovely courtyard.


This weekend was probably one of the best times I ever had with my family. My cousin Jill (above with her dad my favorite Uncle Denny), married yesterday and we all traveled to the beautiful wedding near Sacramento. Last night I got to dance the night away with my husband, dad, uncle, brother, aunt, niece, nephews, sister-in-law, cousins and the whole family. 

My nephews and son with my mom.


Jackson with," G," as he calls her. She calls him, " J."
I love that they danced with their grandparents.



Best of all, and an unexpected treat was dancing with my mother and my two boys. My mom lives a pretty quiet life, but last night she outlasted us all and had a blast with my sons. Jackson and Griffin have never experienced a wedding or a reception and surprised us by busting some serious moves with their grandparents and cousins.

Go Mom!!

 Nothing could make me happier than dancing, laughing and seeing my Mom and boys together all night. Dancing with my husband Max was so fun too, and it really made for the best Mother's Day ever.  You know we so seldom get to enjoy each other and have FUN!  We get so busy with life we forget how much we really do like each other. I just kept thinking we need to find more ways to enjoy life together with the whole family. I really dig these people!

Max and I.  I'm so lucky my husband likes to dance .
Sorry these are all iPhone pics and not so good. Does my hair look green here?


My dad and I during the father-daughter dance. So nice to have the chance to dance with him.


Here's the dress I ended up wearing a Ralph Lauren paisley thingy. I loved it. With my round disc earrings I felt a bit Bollywood!  Love my guys in their suits too.




My darling niece Veronica who is 16.

Veronica, my boys and my handsome nephews Sander and Sean trying out the chicken balls. They hated that and called them "spheres!" Young kids are quite entertaining at a reception!
 
Not sure if Griffin and his cousin Sander were fans of the chicken, "spheres."
The food was delicious!

My brother Peter and my sister-in-law Line. (Pronounced Lina, she is from Norway. :)
 Cousins are so special and I was so happy to see mine as well as have my kids have fun with theirs.

With my sister-in-law Line and my cousin April,  Jill's sis and the maid of honor.
April and the bridesmaids looked beautiful in this blue.


 

We all stayed in the same hotel and got to spend Mother's Day breakfast together.
The kids here with their great-grandmother Jody.  She also lasted the whole reception!
At Mother's Day breakfast with my dear Aunt Wendy.





With my grandma. I feel so lucky to have her at 95!

This post is for you Mom!
 Thank you for giving me the gift of laugher, fun and teaching us to enjoy life. I will never forget how much fun we had together last night. 





 Love you Mom so much!



xoxoxo

Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment