Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Suicidal Tendencies

Hey People.

*Yeah this post is a day late, and I totally blame that on my piss-poor Wi-Fi connection and slow uploading of these scans. But I fixed the size of the scans, and bought a router, so......so far, so good.


I figured today would be a very Suicide Squad-themed post today, since I am a big fan of the Ostrander written series, and I haven't done too many SS-flavored skits or anything else SS related as of late.

Now if you go over to Shlomo's SS blog, specifically the comment section, then you'll quickly get a feel for how much of a fan of the SS I am.(and no not the Nazi SS you smartasses:))

Between me, Shlomo, and Omega, the comments section can get veeeeery heated when it comes to the topic of the current Suicide Squad title currently being published by Didio Comics. Trust me when I say that it's a horrible book that would be cancelled tomorrow if and when Harley Quinn ever leaves the title. She's probably the main thing keeping it from the chopping block, because the quality of writing, rebooted cast of characters, and their personalities sure as hell isn't.

But I digress.

This is a happy post, so we're going to keep things that way, as I happily present to you scans I just made today from Wizard#192. Why this particular issue you might ask?

Well, it features a short, but very enjoyable Wizard Retrospective on John Ostrander's entire Suicide Squad run, as well as input and commentary by the other contributing creative members of the SS team.

Not only did I personally enjoy the article, but also learned a lot as far as insight and the kinds of thought processes and brain-storming that went on in putting these issues together. I view it as a behind the scenes look at how Suicide Squad was made. Really good stuff there folks.

So, Shlomo, Omega, ask and you shall receive good buddies. Enjoy!




Nice huh? I told you it was.

And now for some thoughts from some of the crew of Ostrander's SS themselves. Gentlemen?

Captain Boomerang: "Oy, those were the good ol' days, they were. Makes my John Thomas hard just thinking 'bout puttin' one of my boomerangs through some tosser's head, while pissing off the Wall. Ha!"

Deadshot:"......Yeah whatever. I guess sometimes it was alright. Like when I killed that useless windbag Senator Cray. The look on Waller's and Flagg's faces when I put one through his head was priceless. Especially when parts of his brain landed onto the faces of the press."

Bronze Tiger: "You mother-fuckers are crazy, and need some serious fucking help!"

Captain Boomerang: "Oh come of it Tony the bleedin' Tiger; You're just as bad, if not worse than us. You just don't have the balls to admit it."

Deadshot: "Speaking of balls, you must of accidently found yours by daring to show your traitorous face around me again. I didn't forget about the last time you betrayed me, and trust me that was the last time. Since you're reborn, I get the pleasure of shooting off your hands again along with that fucking mouth of yours."

Bronze Tiger: "Tony the Tiger huh? I'll show you a tiger you backwoods hick-ass mother-fucker!"

Captain Boomerang: "Now hold on a bloody second! There's no need to go crazy here. Let's all relax and go out for a piss. My treat."

Deadshot: "You never paid for anything in your whole stinking life! Enough talking, and more shooting!"

Bronze Tiger: "For once I agree with Dirty Harry over there; it's time to fuck up a mick!"

Captain Boomerang: "Have it your way ladies. But don't you go thinkin' ol' Digger's an easy sport. Let's do this then. Me pal Dan's keepin' the car warm, and the Foster's cold, so I'll have to make this quick like."

Deadshot: "The boomerang won't even leave your hand before I paint Turner's face with your blood!"

Bronze Tiger: "Oh fuck that! I'm taking both of you brain-dead freaks out now!"

-They all fight. Again. 

I guess somethings never change do they folks?

And finally to take us out, here's the punk band with the very same name as this post, Suicidal Tendencies, and their hit song "War inside my head!"

Very appropriate for what just happened I think.

Peace and chicken grease my Nizzels!



No comments:

Post a Comment