Friday, July 6, 2012

Wimbledon Style Notes 2012

I am a total fanatic when it comes to Wimbledon. I started watching it at a young age and there is just something magical about it. I think it's the whole atmosphere. The royals, the strawberries and cream, the Pimm's cups and the grass! The very best of the best playing for a spot in history. What an iconic place and event...


 I previously did a post on tennis style.  I adore the tennis greats of the 1970s and 80s and their fashions. Today's Wimbledon though has had some quite pretty and unique styles on the women and I thought I'd share some of my favorites and some trends. Oh and some Wimbledon fluff.

Watching this week, I noticed a few things, one that high braids and head bands seem to be the look right now. And, oh my gosh, it was really hard to tell the difference between some of the women! Not to mention their very hard to pronounce names! I hope I got them correct. It was challenging.

The braid brigade...

Petra Kvitova

Victoria Azarenka


Sabine Lisicki
Can you tell any of these ladies apart? It's hard.  Lisicki and Angelique Kerber, both from Germany.

I love Serena's hair natural like she is wearing it now.

Dresses also seemed to be very popular and were everywhere. Maybe because they are a lot cooler and more comfy than skirts and tops. I'd love to have some of these in my tennis wardrobe!

Love this dress on the left.

Venus's dress was cute with its unique shape and slit.


Lisicki made this look cute with a long sleeved top over her dress.

Heather Watson  
Agnieszka Radwanska
Camila Giorgi of Italy above and below had some very feminine dresses.



Caroline Wozniacki in Stella McCartney for Addidas.




Ana Ivanovic's dress right, had a flattering square neckline I liked.



Another trend was colored pants under the dress. Kind of cute. A way to add flair, but still wear the required white attire for Wimbledon.


Sharapova above and Radwanska below.



Azarenko

Speaking of pants, I really liked Azarenko's long leggings she wore under her dress. 






Another gal who had some style was Yaroslava Schvedova. She was different. I like her bits of black and her glasses.





Serena managed to add bits of purple to her ensemble in the way of shoes, headband and her pants.







Even her racquet seemed to coordinate.
Serena's warm-up jacket was quilted and chic.  I'm really hoping she wins this weekend!



Maria Kirilenko of Russia was my favorite style-wise. This empire waist dress was so cute, but feminine with the pleating.


Look who else showed up! The Duchess of Cambridge looked very tennis like in this cable-knit sailor dress.


Pippa impressed too as always.


The fans are some of the best part of Wimbledon. That's another reason it's on my bucket list. You just know you'd have a crazy time. Look at these people!




Loving the hats..I'd love a tennis skirt like the woman below.


Apparently, some spectators will do anything to keep dry!






Were these guys trying to be McEnroe, Borg and Conners? Love it! 

What about these Andy masks? 




These fans painted their faces like the Scottish flag for Mr. Murray!




I'll be rooting for this guy tomorrow. We are huge Andy Murray fans in this house. He's our man.



GO ANDY!



XO


KIM






images via The Guardian, Daily Mail, Wimbledon.com, tennisplanet.me, google unless otherwise noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment